Comet Goldfish can grow up to 18" and 5-6lbs in weight.

Karann in Colorado wrote to us the other day with some amazing info on Comet Goldfish.

I just wanted to let you know I have had comet goldfish for 18 yrs living in a pond I built them in my backyard.  One of my goldffish  just died and was 18 yrs old and well over 18 inches and about 5-6 lbs.  They do grow to very large sizes if given the room.  My goldfish  pond is 225 gallons and the fish stay outside year round here in  Colorado.

I do use a pond heater in winters to prevent the pond from  freezing. It keeps the water at 40 degrees F. Just thought you might want to know they do get bigger than 9 inches.  I also have a large one that is all black and many small ones that are mostly orange.



Karann thanks for taking the time to write to us, we will be sure to update our webpage Comet Goldfish

No comments:

Post a Comment